Often I find myself thinking about the future and trying to picture what my family's life will look like. I have fun with it, because I'm such a daydreamer haha, but when I really stop and think about the goals I'd like to achieve and where I'd like to be it makes me look forward to the future and what it may have in store. I don't necessarily want to fast forward through this time or anything. I enjoy being at this stage in my life and I'm enjoying Aria at this age! I'd love for time to slow down but I know it won't.
I like to set goals for myself and the other day I started thinking about where we would be in 5 years. Aria will be in elementary school- which is so weird, and I will be in my thirties! It seems like a lifetime away but I know it will be here within a blink of an eye. I decided to write down a couple of goals I have for myself and our family. These are things I'd love to see happen for us in 5 years!
1. Have more children. If things go as planned we will hopefully be done having children was before 31 (how old we will be in 5 years) but it is in God's hands. We would love to have a little boy, and if we did we might decide not to have any more, but I still smile at the thought of having three kids.
2. Be in the works of building a house. I have no idea if this is a possibility within 5 years, but if Aria will be settled into a school, we hope to be settled into a town we love. At that point, we would like to build ourselves a house with all the things we really want. A place to call home for a long time!
3. Get in really good shape. I look forward to a time where I'm not chasing toddlers or breast feeding infants so I can set up a good schedule for myself and feel good about my body again. Going back to what I said before- I cherish this time with Aria and I will with future children, but I think every mom looks forward to a time in her life where she gets to have her own body back to herself haha.
4. Be financially sound. Well, I hope to be if we plan to build a house haha. Seriously though, I would love to see us have a good amount of money put away for important things like Aria's college and our retirement. Sometimes that means passing up on material things that I would love to have. Gucci bag- I'm talking to you! There's so much more I could do with that $1,500 than spend it on a designer bag (yes, they do cost that much!). Some things are just more important.
5. Have a successful blog and/or business. There's a little voice in my head right now saying to me, "Your blog is successful!" and yes it is. I'm proud of what I've built so far and it's taken a lot of hard work, time and money. However, in five years I would love to see it be a little bit bigger of a beast if you know what I mean. I love blogging with my whole heart and when I started doing it 3 years ago, it just felt right. It felt like I had found a calling of some sort and that's why I work so hard at it. I hope I can one day be a full time blogger and really use it to contribute to my family's income.
So there you have it. All my daily ponderings written in one blog post! Life is an amazing ride and I'm so lucky to live it with amazing people. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us! Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I'd love to hear your thoughts below in the comments! Thanks for stopping by to read today and as always, you can shop my look down below!