There's just something about the idea of a clean slate that really makes me excited. It's an opportunity to look back at your year and reflect on what you want to be better at going forward. I love this time of year because I like to be organized and I'm looking forward to getting more organized this year. With having a baby and figuring out new motherhood I was definitely not my normal self this year. Now that I have 10 months (Aria's age) under my belt I feel like I have a grasp on what being a mom consists of, though I know it's constantly changing! I've put together a little list of things I want to be better at/ resolutions for the new year. Here it goes!
1. Make a weekly/daily schedule and stick to it. I absolutely love scheduling and after I found my Passion Planner, it made me love it even more. I feel very accomplished at the end of the day if I can stick to my schedule. I will also add that I have written down a bedtime now so that I make myself go to bed before it gets too late. I'm such a night owl!
2. Work out and drink more water. It's been along time since I've been active and I honestly hate it. I was such a good athlete in high school and college and I really did love it. I pretty much stopped being active once I found out I was pregnant. Morning sickness hit hard and then working out throughout the pregnancy seemed impossible to me because I never felt up for it. Once I had Aria, I never found the time and never figured out how to fit it in my schedule. I've lost all my muscle now and I don't feel strong at all so I'm going to change that for the New Year. I haven't quite decided what I'll be doing yet, I may invest in a personal trainer just to get me started. :)
3. Learn something new. I have something in mind but I'll just have to keep y'all updated ;)
4. Push myself outside my 'fashion' comfort zone. I love trying new trends and I hope to do that here on the blog this year more often!
5. Dive into scripture. I have been so disconnected from my faith this year (which is a very private thing for me to admit) and I'm going to change that this year. Blake and I have been discussing trying out a new church and I definitely want to do some studying on my own. While I still pray and talk to God everyday, I want to do more than just that. :)
6. Be giving. This can be anything from paying for the next person in the drive through lane's food, helping a homeless person, or buying a child in need some school supplies. There are so many way you can give to your community and I'm going to be on the lookout for more opportunities to do that this year!
7. Plan more family outings. We live near the most active city in America (Austin) and I want to try to take advantage of that this next year. From Town Lake to Enchanted Rock, the hill country in Texas has so many great activities to offer!
I hope you enjoyed reading my 2017 New Year's Resolutions! I'd love to hear about yours in the comments below! Thanks for stopping by and here's to another great year around the sun!